Datadog is a cloud application monitoring and analytics tool. You can use it to compute performance metrics and event monitoring for infrastructure and cloud services. In addition, Datadog can monitor services such as servers, databases and tools. With LambdaTest and Datadog integration, you can log bugs while perform cross browser testing of your websites (and web apps) from the LambdaTest platform to Datadog.
Integrating Datadog With LambdaTest Account
To begin, sign in to your LambdaTest account. To setup integrations, make sure you have admin or user level access.
Visit Integrations from the left menu and select Datadog.
Note: For logging bugs to Datadog, make sure you a Datadog account.
- You will be asked to enter your Datadog API Key and Datadog Application Key.
- What is a Datadog API Key?
API keys are unique to your organization. The Datadog Agent requires an API key in order to transmit metrics and events to Datadog.
- What is a Datadog Application Key?
Users gain access to Datadog's programmatic API by using application keys in combination with your organization's API key. Application keys are connected with the user account and contain the user's rights and capabilities.
Getting the Datadog API Key
- To get the Datadog API token, log in to your Datadog account. Click on the Profile avatar and select Organization Settings.
- Navigate to API Keys.
- Click on the name of the API Key.
- Copy the generated API Key.
Getting The Datadog Application Key
- Click on the Profile avatar and select Organization Settings.
- Navigate to Application Keys.
- Click on the name of the Application Key.
- Copy the Application Key.
- Now paste the Datadog API Key and the Datadog Application Key in the provided field and press Install.
The Datadog will be successfully integrated with your LambdaTest account.
One-Click Bug Logging With Datadog
Select Real Time Testing from the left menu.
Enter the test URL, select browser, browser versions, OS and resolution and press START.
- A cloud-based virtual machine will be launched, allowing you to conduct real-time testing of websites. After you've identified the issues, click on Mark as Bug icon in the left menu to capture a screenshot.
- After you've grabbed the screenshot, use the in-built image editor tools to mark any issues or tasks you've observed. After annotating the bugs, click on Mark As Bug.
- A Datadog ticket will open up. Fill the details like Service, Team, Assignee, Severity, State, Summary and Description. Then click on Create Issue and your bugs will be marked right away.
- To view your marked bugs, visit Issue Tracker from the LambdaTest left navigation menu. You'll notice the marked bugs along with the Test environment details.
- Click on the right diagonal arrow icon to view the logged issues in Datadog.
You'll be taken to the Datadog interface where you can find your marked issues right away.
Uninstalling The Datadog Integration
Login to your LambdaTest account and visit Integrations from the left menu.
Navigate to 'My Integrations'and click on REMOVE under the Datadog block.
The Datadog integration will be uninstalled.
For any queries, feel free to drop them at our 24x7 Chat Support or you could also mail us directly at [email protected].