Google Chat Integration
Google Chat lets teams streamline their business communications within Google Workspace. Google Chat enables you to chat using text, create collaborative chat rooms, share files, hold virtual conferences, give presentations, and much more.
Using LambdaTest and Google Chat, you can create test cards in Google Chats or Google Chat Rooms for logged bugs in LambdaTest. By doing so, you will receive a notification every time a new bug is pushed while performing cross browser testing of websites.
Integrating Google Chat With LambdaTest
Sign in to your Google account and visit Google Chat.
From the Space category, create or select any space.
- To add a LambdaTest bot, type
@LambdaTestinto the textbox and select ADD TO SPACE.
- Then, click the Send button.
- A prompt-box will pop up. Select Add to space.
- You will then receive an alert notification with a link to integrate Google Chat with your LambdaTest account. Click LINK WITH LAMBDATEST.
- It will route you to the LambdaTest integration console. Select Confirm.
Your LambdaTest account will now be integrated with Google Chat. A confirmation message will also appear in your Google Chat room.
One-Click Bug Logging With Google Chat
Select Real Time Testing from the left-sidebar menu of the LambdaTest dashboard.
Type in the test URL, choose the browser, browser versions, and operating system, and click START.
It will redirect you to the virtual machine hosted on the cloud.
- In case of any glitch or bug, you can take a screenshot of the web page using the in-built tools on the left side of the screen by clicking the Bug icon.
4.You can annotate bugs or tasks on a web page using the built-in image editor tools. Then select Mark as Bug.
- A ticket will show up. Furnish the details like Assignee, Issue Type, Priority, Summary, and Description. Then click CREATE ISSUE
Your bugs will now be marked and instant test card will be generated to your Google Chats or Google Chat Rooms.
The test card contains the three features:
SCREENSHOT LINK: To view and download the screenshot.
GENERATED TICKET: To view the logged bugs in Issue Tracker.
REPRODUCE LINK: To relaunch the test via a reproduce link.
Adding LambdaTest Bot On The Same Space
You will need to remove the existing LambdaTest bot in order to add it again in the same space.
- Click the Space name dropdown and then select View members.
- Navigate to the Apps tab.
- Hover on the LambdaTest bot and click on the Kebab menu.
- Select Remove from space.
Removing The Google Chat Integration
Login to your LambdaTest account and visit Integrations from the left menu.
From My Integrations, click REMOVE under the GOOGLE CHAT block.
The Google Chat integration will be uninstalled.
In case you have any questions or need further assistance regarding LambdaTest + Google Chat integration, please feel free to reach us at our 24*7 Chat Support or email us at [email protected].