October 31, 2017
We may collect the following personal information from you within the Websites:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number;
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, business type
We may collect the following personal information from you when you use our Service(s):
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, IP address, geographic location, or phone number;
- Billing Information, such as credit card number and billing address;
- Unique Identifiers, such as username, account number or password;
- Name and e-mail address when you provide feedback from the Service(s)
We may use the personal information collected from within the Websites or when you use the Service(s) to:
- Provide you with the Service(s).
- Send you communication from the Service(s).
- Assess the needs of your business to determine or suggest suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you promotional and marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Facilitate your transactions with other users when you use our Service(s).
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
Except as outlined in this Policy, your information will never be sold to or shared with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes or otherwise. We may transfer personal information to our Group Companies and sub-contractors that help us provide our Service(s). Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our sub-contractors. Such sub-contractors may include third-party payment processors who process your credit card and other payment information for LambdaTest but are otherwise not permitted to store, retain or use such information.
Correction or Removal of Personal Information
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
Other information such as device models, IP address, usage patterns are also captured by the Service(s).
When you log into the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential for the basic functionalities offered by the Service(s). These class of cookies helps in keeping a user logged in to the Service(s) and remember relevant information when they return to the Service(s). These cookies are essential for the basic functionalities offered by the Service(s). These class of cookies helps in keeping a user logged in to the Service(s) and remember relevant information when they return to the Service(s).
Insight Cookies: These are used for tracking the user activities within the Service(s), which in turn helps us in improving your user experience.
Marketing Cookies: These are used for providing you with customized and interest-based ads based on your browsing behavior and other similar activities on our Websites.
We can make use of your personal data to contact you in case
- to provide you with information about our new service, features including sending e-newsletters or similar correspondence
- participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
- where for administrative reasons related to the service (e.g. respond to questions asked by you and to notify you about maintenance etc.);
In case we wish to use your Data for some other purpose than above mentioned, we will notify you and get your consent first. You can withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your data in that case.
What Rights Do You Have
As a data subject, you have the following rights under Data Protection Legislation and we, as Data Controller in respect of Your Data, will comply with such rights in respect of Your Data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to edit/modify your data in case any correction is needed;
- the right to stop us from contacting you for direct marketing
- the right to prevent processing of your personal data;
- the right to complain to the DPC
These rights are explained in more detail below, but if you have any comments, concerns or complaints about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months (we will inform you within the first month if it will take longer than one month for us to respond). Where a response is required from us within a particular time period pursuant to Data Protection Legislation, we will respond within that time period.
Right To Access Your Personal Data
You have the right to know which personal data(belonging to you) is being controlled by us, upon request made by you, you will receive following information by us:
- a summary of such Personal Data and the categories of Personal Data held
- details of the purpose for which it is being or is to be processed
- details of your rights, including the rights to rectification, erasure, restriction or objection to the processing
- any information available about the source of that data
- details of the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is or may be disclosed, including if they are overseas and what protections are used for those oversea transfers
- Data retention period with the reasons to retain it for mentioned period
- where your Personal Data are transferred out of the EEA, what safeguards are in place
Requests for your Personal Data must be made to us at email@example.com
Specifying what Personal Data you need access to. A copy of such request may be kept by us for our legitimate purposes in managing the Service. To help us find the information easily, please give us as much information as possible about the type of information you would like to see. If, to comply with your request, we would have to disclose information relating to or identifying another person, we may need to obtain the consent of that person, if possible. If we cannot obtain consent, we may need to withhold that information or edit the data to remove the identity of that person, if possible.
There are certain types of data which we are not obliged to disclose to you, which include Personal Data which records our intentions in relation to any negotiations with you where disclosure would be likely to prejudice those negotiations. We are also entitled to refuse a data access request from you where (i) such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character (in this case, if we decide to provide you with the Personal Data requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to account for administrative costs of doing so), or (ii) we are entitled to do so pursuant to Data Protection Legislation.
Right To Data Portability
In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, you may ask for an electronic copy of your Personal Data that you have provided to us and which we hold electronically, or for us to provide this directly to another party. This right only applies to Personal Data that you have provided to us – it does not extend to data generated by us. In addition, the right to data portability also only applies where:
- the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
We have provided features on our website to download such data. Also, you can request us to provide this data at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Right To Erasure
We have provided options on our website for you to delete your personal data. It includes deletion of your account information and test data. You can also request us to erase your personal data at email@example.com where:
- your Personal Data has been processed unlawfully or have not been erased when it should have been; or
- the Personal Data have to be erased to comply with law.
We may continue to process your Personal Data in certain circumstances in accordance with Data Protection Legislation e.g. retaining evidence of resolved support requests, billing information etc. Where you have requested the erasure of your Personal Data, we will inform recipients to whom that Personal Data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
Right To Edit Your Data In Case Any Correction Is Needed
You can request us to modify your Personal Data which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Provide us your registration details to identify you(e.g. Name or email ID)
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
We have also provided you the option to edit your profile information within our website.
It is your responsibility that all of the Personal Data provided to us is accurate and complete.
Right To Stop Us From Contacting You For Direct Marketing
We may contact you for electronic communications/direct marketing related to the service and related matters. We may also ask you different questions for different services or to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, however you do not have to respond to them.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us at ‘email@example.com’. You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the electronic communication. It may take up to 15 days for this to take place; and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (you want us to contact you via emails but not via phone calls).
We will provide you with information on action taken on a request to stop direct marketing - this may be in the form of a response email confirming that you have ‘unsubscribed’. Unsubscribing from direct marketing does not unsubscribe you from essential electronic communications in respect of the administration of Your Account.
Right To Prevent Processing Of Your Personal Data
In accordance with Data Processing Legislation, you may ask us to stop processing your personal data, if
- you do not think that your Personal Data is accurate and complete (but we will start processing again once we have checked and confirmed that it is accurate);
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase your Personal Data;
- we no longer need the Personal Data for our processing; or
- we no longer need the Personal Data for our processing; or
If you practice your right to restrict us from processing your Personal Data, we will continue to process the Personal Data if:
- the processing is necessary for the protection of the rights of other individuals or legal persons; or
- the processing is necessary for public interest reasons.
- the processing is necessary for the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- You provide your consent for such processing
Right To Complain To The DPC
If the User Uploaded Data contains any material which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior in relation to the Service, we may remove such content and/or suspend the use of Your Account.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, we may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. We would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including Data Protection Legislation.
We will notify serious data breaches in respect of Your Data to the DPC without undue delay, and where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of same. If notification is not made after 72 hours, we will record a reasoned justification for the delay; however, it is not necessary to notify the DPC where the Personal Data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. A Personal Data breach in this context means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
We will keep a record of any data breaches, including their effects and the remedial action taken, and will notify you of any data breach affecting your Personal Data (which poses a high risk to you) when we are required to do so under Data Protection Legislation. We will not be required to notify you of a data breach where:
- we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures that render the Personal Data unintelligible to anyone not authorized to access it, such as encryption; or
- we have taken subsequent measures which ensure that the high risk to data subjects is not likely to materialize; or
- it would involve disproportionate effort, in which case we may make a public communication instead.
Retention of Personal Data
In general, User Uploaded Data that you provide to us, and any logs created by us relating to User Uploaded Data, will be kept and stored for 9 months from the date of upload/creation, after which point they will then be automatically deleted by us. You may also retrieve and delete your User Uploaded Data yourself using our website features.
Your Data will be kept and stored for such period of time as we deem necessary taking into account the purpose for which it was collected in the first instance (i.e. the administration of Your Account for as long as Your Account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate Your Account), and our obligations under Data Protection Legislation. This may include retaining Your Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Service, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
Protection of Information
The Websites and Service(s) have industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you provide us with sensitive information (such as credit card information or login credentials), we will encrypt that information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites or via the Service(s) and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Additionally, you retain all rights of ownership to your personal data we collect. Except as set forth herein under sections elaborating on use of your personal information above and legal disclosure below we will not sell or share your personal data with any third parties or use your personal data to compete with you. Your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Websites which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Features
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Websites contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by LambdaTest. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Websites and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal information.
LambdaTest uses third party software for analytics. All metrics information collected from your usage of the Service(s) shall be transmitted to analytics provider. This information is then used to evaluate how users use LambdaTest, and to compile statistical reports on activity for us. We further use the same statistical analytics tool to track or to collect your Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We will use this information in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Service(s) and to personalize the experience for you. Anonymized and aggregated information and analysis may be made public where desired by LambdaTest. Third party analytics software will not share your PII or associate your PII with any other data held by them.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by applicable law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process served on us. Your personal data will also be shared between our Group Companies for the activities permitted under this Policy.
In the event LambdaTest goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account and personal data will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via firstname.lastname@example.org and via a prominent notice on our Websites of any such change in ownership or control. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
LAMBDATEST GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
LambdaTest is committed to make sure that the controlling/processing of personal data of users by us, is in accordance with the guidelines defined by GDPR and the UK’s Data Protection Bill/insert relevant country DP law. Our preparation for GDPR compliance has been summarized in this statement. It includes the implementation measures, change in current procedures and policies that we're taking/have taken to become GDPR compliant. (Read More)