LambdaTest Is Now A Part Of GitHub Student Developer Pack
LambdaTest Updates •
15206 Views | 3 Min Read
“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”
We firmly believe that, and are proud to announce that we have partnered with GitHub Education to provide our cross browser testing cloud to GitHub students for free! Now, GitHub students will be able to leverage the LambdaTest Live plan for a year at absolutely zero cost. Normally, this would amount up to $180 per year.
What is LambdaTest?
With 150,000+ happy customers, LambdaTest is the fastest-growing cross browser testing cloud with more than 2000 real browsers for both mobile and desktop. Using LambdaTest, you won’t have to worry about maintaining an in-house infrastructure or device labs as we will provide you with an on-cloud infrastructure with zero-downtime, that is always ready to fire up the machine based on testing configurations.
What Do You Get From LambdaTest & GitHub Student Developer Pack?
If you are a GitHub student then LambdaTest is offering you an annual subscription for Live testing with 1 parallel session. Here are the benefits that you can avail of like a GitHub student on LambdaTest.
- Perform unlimited testing minutes for live-interactive testing.
- Capture unlimited screenshots using our Screenshot testing.
- Perform unlimited responsive tests with our Responsive testing.
- Use Third-Party Integrations to multiple platforms for project management, bug tracking, instant messaging and more.
- Leverage pixel-to-pixel comparison among multiple images for visual regression using our Smart testing.
- Leverage Geo Location Testing to validate your web application across different countries on the globe.
- Leverage our SSH(Secure Shell) tunnel to test your web application on locally hosted environments.
- Receive detailed progress reports of your testing activities every week.
- Capture screenshots of web pages secured behind a login of your web application.
- Avail all the benefits and features of the LambdaTest Live-1 Parallel session plan.
Why Did We Do It?
At the time we were students, the cloud wasn’t nearly as big of a buzzword as it is now! There were hardly any reliable resources or support available online that could help us take the right direction in our first projects. Consequently, we had to rely on cheap infrastructure that was outdated at best or obsolete at worst. We had no online support to help us plan and establish best practices.
We had to build everything from scratch and it took months to create projects that now would take us weeks. If we had such support in our student days, we would have made a lot less of those hit-and-try mistakes we made in those early days. And that is why we want to take this initiative for the young generation.
We did it because we understand how difficult it can become for a student to learn web projects along with the on-going curriculum. Student developers working on web projects don’t have the enterprise-scale infrastructure nor do they have deep pockets to invest in computers and mobile machines just for testing. Not to mention, if you are a student who is working on your web project along with the college semesters then time is of the essence. You can’t go around wasting it over maintaining your own browser + operating system library.
We at LambdaTest provides an infrastructure on-cloud so that you can ship your web applications or projects with quality. LambdaTest’s GitHub student Developer pack eliminates the need for investing in high-end hardware, saving students considerable time spent in buying/renting hardware. That way, the only thing you need to focus on is your learning! 🙂
Written by Harshit Paul
Harshit works as a product growth specialist at LambdaTest. He is also an experienced IT professional, who loves to share his thoughts about the latest tech trends as an enthusiast tech blogger.